Thanks for reading and remember all week there will be posts so be sure to check them all out! And comment with your favorite 2011 covers.
Well, again Happy Holidays. I hope everyone has/had a good holiday. But now it’s time for the first day of Looking Back! I don’t know about everyone else, but I am excited about this event. I’m sure tons of books will be talked about/mentioned. It will be alot of fun so you all should stick around. A whole week of posting and talking about bookish things that have been read by bloggers in 2o11.
My Top 10 Books Read in 2011
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Kiss ( Adult) by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
- Lover Avenged ( Adult ) by J. R. Ward
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
1-3. The Hunger Games series was amazing. And even though alot of people did not like the ending of the series, I thought it was refreshing and more realistic that there wasn’t the “perfect” and happy ending. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and plan to see all the movies. Katniss and Cinna are my favorite characters in the series and this series is definitely in my top ten for 2011.
4. My first book my Ted Dekker or Erin Healy. I really enjoyed this one, I have picked up a bunch of other books by Ted Dekker since reading this and I plan to read their other novel, ( Burn ) later in 2012. Keep an eye out for it.
5. Harry Potter..is there really a need for an explanation for this book? Everyone or almost everyone has read or at least seen the movies. I liked the book alot, it added more detail than the movie. (naturally) and there were quite a few more differences than I expected and I liked that. I will definitely continuing and reading all of them. (Definitely plan to buy the spiffy box set so that they look nice on my bookshelf)
6-8. The Vampire Academy series, I loved this series. The romance between Rose and Dimitri was intense and there were so many twists in the plot in the end that I just couldn’t put the books down. Definitely one of my favorite YA Vampire series.
9. In my top three for this series. And for being in my top ten and being number seven in a series is a big deal. I loved the relationships and the characters and things were explained more in this one than the previous one.
10. Graceling had a great storyline and I wish it could have been executed alittle better but I did enjoy it so it made it into my top ten.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Top 10 Book Covers!
What were your top 10 books of 2011?
Hello fellow readers.
I’m excited to be joining this blog event. To visit the main page click here or visit my button on the side of my blog. This sounds like a ton of fun and I’m excited for this event. You should join to!
Here is all the information. Courtesy of Confessions of a Bookaholic
“Monday 12/26 – Top 10 Books Ive read in 2011
Tuesday 12/27 – Top 10 Book Covers of 2011
Wednesday 12/28 – Top 10 Book Boyfriends in 2011
Thursday 12/29 – Top 10 Characters in 2011 (This can be anything you’d like to make it for characters. You can post your favorite Villains, etc. Just be sure that this post is character based.)
Friday 12/30 – Top 10 Books Im looking forward to in 2012 (also on this day, we’ll each be adding something of a recap of the total number of books read, pages read, etc. This part of the post is optional. Feel free to add any stats you’d like to share with everyone. So, if you’d like to also include some end of year stats, feel free to join us!)
How you do these posts/lists is totally up to you. What books, covers and characters you pick are all your own.
Now, I know what you’re all thinking. That this will be hard to keep to 10. Some of you might like to break the lists up a bit. Working with a Top 10 for YA books and then a Top 10 for Adult titles. Feel free to add honorable mentions if you’re also having a hard time sticking to 10. However, with the honorable mentions, please try to keep it to a minimum or it kind of defeats the whole purpose of things.
Our main focus of this event is for YOU to join in and share your lists with us all and for everyone to visit each others blogs and see what books have made it on YOUR lists.
The event is simple. Follow the dates and list topic’s as provided and fill out the linky below. This gives us an idea who will be joining us for the Top 10 week. THEN, be sure to come back to one of our blogs on each of the days and link up your post for that specific day! Just remember, each day will have a linky for THAT Top 10 topic.
At the end of the event we will be picking a winner using Random.org from the people who have posted their lists and added their info to linky for each day. Total number of maximum entries is 6. Telling us you are joining in on the event in today’s linky is your first entry. Posting your top 10 each day with the correct topic on the correct day, THEN coming back to add your link to the linky for that day gives you another entry. Additional Giveaway details will be provided soon, so keep checking back to find out what we’ll be giving away!“