Well, again Happy Holidays. I hope everyone has/had a good holiday. But now it’s time for the first day of Looking Back! I don’t know about everyone else, but I am excited about this event. I’m sure tons of books will be talked about/mentioned. It will be alot of fun so you all should stick around. A whole week of posting and talking about bookish things that have been read by bloggers in 2o11.
My Top 10 Books Read in 2011
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Kiss ( Adult) by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
- Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
- Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
- Lover Avenged ( Adult ) by J. R. Ward
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
1-3. The Hunger Games series was amazing. And even though alot of people did not like the ending of the series, I thought it was refreshing and more realistic that there wasn’t the “perfect” and happy ending. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and plan to see all the movies. Katniss and Cinna are my favorite characters in the series and this series is definitely in my top ten for 2011.
4. My first book my Ted Dekker or Erin Healy. I really enjoyed this one, I have picked up a bunch of other books by Ted Dekker since reading this and I plan to read their other novel, ( Burn ) later in 2012. Keep an eye out for it.
5. Harry Potter..is there really a need for an explanation for this book? Everyone or almost everyone has read or at least seen the movies. I liked the book alot, it added more detail than the movie. (naturally) and there were quite a few more differences than I expected and I liked that. I will definitely continuing and reading all of them. (Definitely plan to buy the spiffy box set so that they look nice on my bookshelf)
6-8. The Vampire Academy series, I loved this series. The romance between Rose and Dimitri was intense and there were so many twists in the plot in the end that I just couldn’t put the books down. Definitely one of my favorite YA Vampire series.
9. In my top three for this series. And for being in my top ten and being number seven in a series is a big deal. I loved the relationships and the characters and things were explained more in this one than the previous one.
10. Graceling had a great storyline and I wish it could have been executed alittle better but I did enjoy it so it made it into my top ten.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Top 10 Book Covers!
What were your top 10 books of 2011?