My first Blogger/Vlogger spotlight! Today I have with me Misty from The Book Rat. She was kind enough to agree to my
interroga err… questioning for my meme.
She blogs & vlogs and tells it like it is. She is pretty eclectic in her reading and doesn’t sugarcoat things. Has awesome video’s and book chats and keeps book news interesting. You can check her out by clicking her links. Website / Youtube / GoodReads
On with the questioning!
- What is your favorite author? YA & Adult and why? I try not to pick “favorites” of things because it’s all very mood-based (which is funny because I ask people who friend request me on Goodreads what their favorite book is – but mostly it’s to watch them squirm…) If forced to choose, I normally choose in categories: favorite dead author = Jane Austen; favorite living adult author = David Mitchell (most of the time. Margaret Atwood and Toni Morrison are often named, too); favorite YA author is a toss-up. Could be anybody, depending on what I’m reading and loving at the moment.
- Your favorite stand alone novel & series? And why? I’m going to give you adult and YA: Adult stand-alone = number9dream by David Mitchell (with Cloud Atlas a close 2nd) – both books just blew me away in their scope and creativity; YA stand-alone = Anne of Green Gables. I know it’s a series, but I love it on its own. I don’t necessarily have a favorite series, though there are many I love. But honorable mention to the Alanna series by Tamora Pierce.
- Favorite characters male & female? Female: Anne Shirley, Elizabeth Bennet, Katniss Everdeen, Alexia Tarabotti, Alanna of Trebond, Cassandra Mortmain, Sunshine, The Lass, Sorcha, Eff Rothmer, Merrikat Blackwood, Daphne the demon – there are so many!
Male: Gilbert Blythe, Fitzwilliam Darcy (and a number of Austen men), Todd Hewitt, Kvothe, Valek, Eiji Miyake, Stefan Uccello, Mackie Doyle, any Weasley male except Percy – again, there are many more!
- Who would your book boyfriend be? Oh man. Can I be polygamous? I’m going to plead the 5th on this, because I have to keep my options open in case one of them calls…
- Book/Series you wish you could live in? So many! But maybe just visit, not live…
- Book/Series that got you into reading? I have always been into reading. Even before I could. I am a language person, I love words and started talking really early, so I guess it was unavoidable. But the first 2 books I remember being inseparable from were The Velveteen Rabbit and Where the Wild Things Are.
- Paperback or Hardback or Audiobook or E-book? I’ve come to find I like hardback more, which didn’t use to be the case.
- What do you like to do besides reading? General nerdy things. I like making cards for people and getting all crafty, and I love to cook.
- Who are your favorite bloggers or vloggers and why? (Up to 5) Oh, this just isn’t fair. There are many more than this, but I’m going with the ones I’ve loved longest and/or know more personally: Allison from The Allure of Books, Liz from Consumed by Books, April from Good Books and Good Wine, everyone from Forever Young Adult, The Readables, Danny Marks – the list could go on and on. (Ooops, that was 6. Too late!)
- If you were trapped on an island and could only bring five books with you, which would you bring? These are mean questions. The Complete Works of Jane Austen (not cheating, since it is 1 volume), Anne of Green Gables, Annotated Works of Shakespeare (good variety, and all the notes would keep me entertained forever), Daughter of the Forest, and I don’t know about the last one. It would be a gamble, and something I haven’t read.
That’s it for today’s spotlight. If you have someone you would like to be spotlighted be sure to comment with their link of if you yourself would like to be spotlighted send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.